Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Getting fit and discovering the horrors of nature

I decided to become sporty and fit, again, a couple of days ago, so today I went out to get me a bike, so I could start to enjoy the wonderful Danish nature and cruel weather, while getting fit at the same time. I got me a mountain bike, this model, as that was the last kind of bike I owned, and I enjoyed riding on that one. The nice thing about this time a year is that cycle-retailers are having sales, so I also got it kinda cheap, which always is a nice thing.

Well, I got on the bike and headed home, quite funny to ride a bicycle again, as I haven’t rode one since 2001, where I sold the before mentioned mountain bike. Though as they say: “Riding a bicycle is like sex, if you first have learned it, you’ll never forget it!” (HEY! If it works one way, it should work the other way as well!).

After returning home, and getting ready for the virgin-voyage. A little trip to a spot called “hesteskoen” (the horseshoe), a nice small place by the fjord, a small bay like area with a couple of small docks, where people can bathe from, benches and the likes. A great place to relax on a hot spring or summer day.

Though one minus with “hesteskoen” is that, on the other side of the fjord, the county has placed a huge power plant, the damned thing that supplies most of North Jutland with electricity. Mountains of coal, cranes, bull- (or coal- in this example, hoho) dozers, smoking chimneys and pylons en masse. Not exactly things of beauty and things casting idyllic shadows, but what the heck! My bitching will not make the thing go away, and I do kinda need the power from it.

But… when we are at it, such a place does also attract unwanted individuals. At least unwanted in my universe. Small noisy children and their grandparents aka fat men without shirts, proudly sporting their pale belly. Together with their loud obnoxious wives, who don’t spare a moment to make everybody within miles, aware of their presence.

Though I’m pretty sure the above scenario won’t change in my time. As the propositions I have come up with to fix such problems, all have been rejected by government officials. I still have a hard time to realize how the propositions that follow became stamped as: “Evil, cruel, inconsiderate, heartless and thoughtless”. I guess the world isn’t ready for my kind of radical thinking yet, all systems are still too damn conservative.

How to make nature and public spaces better and more peaceful!

Proposition one: “Kids should at all times be kept on a short leash, if loud gagged. If they can’t be controlled while on leash, a cage will be available.”

Proposition two: “Older loud women have to be gagged at all time, besides when eating. Sign language classes will be made mandatory in schools and sign language classes will also be offered to the rest of the population.”

Proposition three: “Older overweight or beer gut equipped pale men, are advised to keep their shirts on. If the advice isn’t followed, the shirt will be stapled to the person’s in question body.”

The End

No comments: